Friday, April 23, 2010

Magic vs. Order

pk note: the state as a god of magic pretending to be a god of reason, order, honesty, truth

This blog serves to rescue a few of my destroyed Knatz.com files, specifically those on religion, theology ... Falling in love has slowed the rescue operation over the last half year. Today I want to add a thought that relates to Knatz.com modules from the 1990s:

M. Kaku distinguished between "the" "god" of "magic" and the god of "order." So do I. I urge you to do likewise.

Ivan Illich illustrated similarities between "religion" and "politics." (So do I. And I urge you to do likewise.) Illich added that "school" is the new "universal" religion, that "experts" are "secular" "priests": doctors, lawyers, teachers ... (So do I. And I urge you to do likewise.)

That all old old pk stuff: old by the time I put it online in 1995. Here's the wrinkle that brought me here today: religions work confusions between order and magic to their own benefit (and to the detriment of the public's already-limited ability to reason): today people don't believe in the Church but they do believer in "US," in "America" ... in education, in "freedom," in a "free" marketplace" ... (And so do I: if only we had any such!) 

The US-etc. uses compulsory schools, compulsory taxation, its monopoly on punishment, its tag-team-"monopoly" on resources ... to set itself up an an "Authority" (false authority, of course). Specifically: secular authority parades as representing order, reason ... truth; actually it represents, it manifests ... magic: false magic, of course.

Order is corrupted: all we are left is lies: with extinction right around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment