Friday, January 28, 2011

Gnostic

Christians don't discuss theology;
they impose it.

"Very gnostic," said the anglican priest when I told him about about my story The First Week. His words proved to have closed the door of discussion. I had been dismissed as a heretic. Christians don't discuss theology; they impose it: always have.

Look up gnosticism. Check Bart Ehrman's Lost Christianities. I'll say what I mean as I go. But it's hard, a hornets nest. I've tried for decades to bring this up, and failed thus far. This time I'm going to at least bring it up. Keep returning here till you see it say something.

Ehrman's Jesus Interrupted gives me a handle to probe one chink in the hornets nest: Christians acknowledge testimony from the Bible about Adam, about Noah, about Abraham, about Moses: Christians acknowledge testimony from the New Testament from Jesus, Mark, John ... Paul ... Indeed, the use the churches' imposed selections to interrupt all other testimonies. God speaks, churches transmit only what they like. The Jews interfered with God's messenger in Jesus: Christians interfere with Jesus' disciples since then. No records are kept of the ignored testimonies.

Never mind whether the testimonies I've offered of what God has told me over the past half centry are true: just notice that not one of them has been investigated. No record has been kept (except by me, that I know of) of not keeping any records.


Note, to be rewoved:

Christians, orthodox "Christians," confronted by alternate Christianities, older Christianities, alternate, older, epistemologies, such as Gnosticism (of any stamp), go deaf, and don't hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment