Thursday, September 23, 2010

Theology

One hundred percent of pk theology is human theology. Some may be divinely inspired, some may be naturally inspired, some may be human inspired, but it's still human theology, thought by me, counter-thought by me (and maybe others). As far as I can tell the same is true of all the theology I've ever heard or heard of; though some claim otherwise. For example, the Jews say they get their idea that they, the Jews, are God's Chosen People from God. That is, the Jews make this claim based on their oral and written tradition. But does that really pass muster as being from God? Aren't' alternate explanations possible? Couldn't they, or anyone, be deluding themselves?

I don't say it's not true: I say we haven't heard it from God. It's not beyond challenge.

Never mind, I've made points like this all my life, to no avail. Let me skip straight to what's galling me today:

Last night I watched Alien 3, squirming and retching. Ripley and her perennial alien visit a prison planet run by fundamentalist Christian convicts, men who claim to be soldiers of Christ. Of course we have only their claim. Christ remains unheard from, at least on that subject, at least in the two hour confines of that bit of meretricious tripe. Same with all Christianity, isn't it? When do we get to hear the Christian accepted as Christian by God? by Christ? by Jesus?

Will it be at the same time we get to hear that the Jews are God's Chosen People from God?

Similarly, I hear the government claim to be of the people, for the people; but I don't hear it from the people. Oh, I hear it from the schooled, from the brain washed. I'd like to hear it from a couple of hundred million plus individuals, any one of which could pass my Turing Test!


Theology: human sentience speculating on a-human sentience (as well as cause-and-effect): pre-human sentience, pre-universe sentience, pre-cosmos sentience (are these nonsense categories?) ... meta-sentience ...

No comments:

Post a Comment